Please note that you must have been granted access to the Maps section of the Administration dashboard.
From the main dashboard click the Administration icon in the left application toolbar. You will then be navigated to the Administration dashboard.
It is crucial the most up-to-date maps are available for selection during a mission. This function allows administrators to quickly and easily upload new maps, and manage existing maps to ensure maps are always up to date.
Click on Maps, which located under General on the left side of the screen.
You will be navigated to the Map Locations View. Click the Add Map button in the top left-hand corner to display the Map Upload dialog screen.
In Map Upload:
- Project is prepopulated with the selected mine.
- Map Name is a required field. The map name is the file name by default, but you can change the name to another name if desired.
- Version and Description are optional fields.
- Click the Upload File button to browse to the location of the map. The file requirements and recommended resolutions for map uploads are as follows:
- Supported file types are PDF/A,JPG and
- Recommended file size is less than 2 MB. Larger files will impact performance.
- The recommended resolution is 3840 x 2160.
- Once the map file has been selected, click the Save button to upload the map.
- You can optionally configure distinct locations on the map if needed.
- Click Configure to display the MAP CONFIGURATION dialog and add locations to a map.
- You may need to pinpoint a specific location on the map. The Zoom In (+) and Zoom Out (-) icons on the left-hand side of the map can be used to adjust the map size.
To add locations to the map, drag and drop the Location icon on the map to where you need it.
This will display the location selection pop out dialog box. If there are locations prepopulated in the system, click the Search dropdown and look up the location. To add a new location, enter the name of the new location in the search field.
Once a location has been selected, click Done to add the location to the map. You will then see the Location icon placed on the map. Continue adding other locations by using the same process. Once you have completed adding locations, click Save.
To view a map after it has been added, click the map name from the Maps list then click on the map to view a preview. Note the maps will be filtered by the mine selected in the Mine Selection dropdown.
Select the map you wish to view from the left-hand pane. A thumbnail of the map is displayed in the right-hand pane. Clicking the thumbnail will display an expanded view of the map. Click the arrows in the bottom right corner to exit the preview of the map.
If the map list contains a lot of maps, you can enter text in the Search field to filter the list and more easily locate a map for selection.
Click the toggle button next to the map name to change the active status. Maps that are marked as inactive are not available for selection in the MAP SET-UP step when creating an ER mission.
Click the Delete button to remove a map from the list. You will be prompted with a Confirm Delete dialog before deletion will occur.
To add/edit locations on a map, click the Configure Map button. Click Edit to update the attributes associated with the map including the image.
Note that the version of a map that has been selected for a mission is archived for historical accuracy when editing or deleting a map. The archived version is displayed when reporting and viewing missions in Emergency Response Mission View.